The players empirics beggars and the noise
- DMI number:
- First Line:
- The players empirics beggars and the noise
- Last Line:
- All this is true for he has been served so
- Poem Genre / Form:
- Imitation / translation / paraphrase, Satire, and Couplet
- Manners, Money / wealth, Sex / relations between the sexes, Virtue / vice, and Women / the female character
- The poems of Horace [ESTC R712]
- Page No(s):
- Poem Title:
- Satyr II. ... That while foolish men shun one Vice, they run into another.
- By A. B.
- Attributed To:
Horace. Satires. Book 1 Satire 2.