Here let a captive fetch a panting groan
- DMI number:
- Absolute (100%)
- First Line:
- Here let a captive fetch a panting groan
- Last Line:
- And bid the world with all its joys adieu
- Poem Genre / Form:
- Couplet, Epistle, and Narrative verse
- Commerce, Liberty, Love, and Slavery
- Poems written occasionally by the late John Winstanley...interspers'd with many others, by several ingenious hands [vol II] [N21265] [ecco]
- Page No(s):
- Poem Title:
- Yarico's Epistle to Inkle. A Poem. Occasioned by reading Spectator, Vol 1. No. 11.
- Dr. Winstanley's Poems.
- Attributed To:
- John Winstanley
Spectator no. 11.