I first transferred to Rome Sicilian strains
- DMI number:
- First Line:
- I first transferred to Rome Sicilian strains
- Last Line:
- And sudden night surprised the yet unfinished song
- Poem Genre / Form:
- Couplet and Imitation / translation / paraphrase
- Ancient history[Virgil Rome] and Poetry / literature / writing
- Poems by the Earl of Roscomon. To which is added, An essay on poetry, by the Earl of Mulgrave, now Duke of Buckingham. Together with Poems by Mr. Richard Duke. [T132427]
- Page No(s):
- Poem Title:
- Virgil's Sixth Eclogue. Or, Silenus.
- By Mr. Dryden.
- Attributed To:
- Not attributed