The gods have Lyce heard my vow
- DMI number:
- Absolute (100%)
- First Line:
- The gods have Lyce heard my vow
- Last Line:
- A burning torch to ashes worn
- Poem Genre / Form:
- Lampoon, Imitation / translation / paraphrase, Ode, and Couplet
- Age, Personal insults, Sex / relations between the sexes, and Women / the female character
- The poems of Horace [ESTC R712]
- Page No(s):
- Poem Title:
- Ode XIII. ... Against Lyce. Who being old, is become a scorn to young men.
- By Sir T. H.
- Attributed To:
- Sir Thomas Hawkins
Horace. Odes. Book 4 Ode 13.