Thou bailiff of my woods and pleasant field
- DMI number:
- Absolute (100%)
- First Line:
- Thou bailiff of my woods and pleasant field
- Last Line:
- Let all say I use well the art they know
- Poem Genre / Form:
- Imitation / translation / paraphrase, Couplet, and Epistle
- City, Rural life, and Wisdom / folly
- The poems of Horace [ESTC R712]
- Page No(s):
- Poem Title:
- Epistle XIV. ... To his Bailiff. The difference betwixt a Country life and a City life.
- By R. T.
- Attributed To:
- Robert Thompson
Horace. Epistles. Book 1 Epistle 14.