Thou writest so seldom that there does appear
- DMI number:
- Absolute (100%)
- First Line:
- Thou writest so seldom that there does appear
- Last Line:
- Which no proportion with thy vices bear
- Poem Genre / Form:
- Couplet, Dialogue, Imitation / translation / paraphrase, and Satire
- Characters[Agamemnon; Ajax.], Madness, Money / wealth, Philosophical enquiry, Poetry / literature / writing, and Wisdom / folly
- The poems of Horace [ESTC R712]
- Page No(s):
- Poem Title:
- Satyr III. ... That every man is in something or other mad. Damasippus and Horace.
- By A. B.
- Attributed To:
- Alexander Brome
Horace. Satires. Book 2 Satire 3.