Fashioned alike by nature and by art
- DMI number:
- First Line:
- Fashioned alike by nature and by art
- Last Line:
- In private life by all who knew her loved
- Poem Genre / Form:
- Couplet, Elegy, and Epigram
- Death and Theatre
- John Hervey
- Speculation (10%)
- c.f. Overton: possibly by Hervey. Attributed to him in Thomas Park's additions to Walpole's Catalogue of the Royal and Noble Authors of England, Scotland, and Ireland (1806) IV:188.
- Lady Mary Wortley Montagu [nee Pierrepont]
- Confident (50%)
- Variant of these lines appear in 'John Duke of Marlborough', attributed to Montagu in Halsband and Grundy: 224-5.